with the ambiance of a hotel
In 1996 I started to work on a drawing
for a 'Hotel house'. Not the house of my dreams in the sence of
total luxery, but a perfect house regaring space, arrangement, interaction
and light. A house with the ambiance of a hotel, so you always have
that holiday feeling ! We live in another house now, which is perfect
as well so this house might (n)ever be built.
presenting the floor plan, some flash presentations and lot's of
pictures (16x light and 12x setup) I try to explain the thoughts
behind chosen setu and design. Click
here for the complete construction
drawing (110 kb)
Space and light.
In a few short statements I try to explan the starting points for
- Living, dining and kitchen in 3 seperate but open area's.
- The hall can be joined with the living room by opening the big
glass folding doors.
- A big spacious hall that provides an immediate view on the stairs
and glass wall on the first floor.
- A roof terrace with entrance from three area's.
- A study room, also with a glass wall for lot's of light.
- The inside balcony gives a feeling of being in a hotel: peice,
holiday, joy, luxery.
- A laundry chute from the first floor directly into the launcdry
- No attic but practical straight walk in closets for all.
- The walls on the first floor to be continued until roof to emphasize
the hight of the house.
- The ridge of the house can be seen when entering, almost 9 meters
- All area's have 'normal' sizes and can all be reached from the
hall / balcony.
- For some people a recognizable dormer in the front: like in my
grandfathers old house in the town centre in Schaijk, where we lived
temporarily as well.
next four presentations provide a good impression of how the above
places construction sketches can look like in reality. You need
version of the Flash-pluginto
watch these properly. You will find the next 4 types: exterior,
hall in wireframe, total overview and some combined. All renderings
and Flash presentations are created for me by Fu
Ho Lee, a respected collegue at Philips Design.
of the renderings below are also used in the presentations above.
The captions for thse pictures provide more explanation on the selected
little less artistic but very clear are the next 12 renderings.
You will get an impression of the exterior, living room, hall, ground
floor, stairs and balcony.
you have any reaction to this design, please Mail
me your reaction!
Go to 'Veenbies' -
Go to Starters House >